Thursday, December 12, 2013

For a second...

I'm back!
It's 12-12-13 and what better time to write a note that sums up the past few months. 
I've been taking a few college courses, a few online courses and in general trying to better myself.  
I try to take photos of the things that I see as I go about daily life, just to share.  This photo was taken just a few miles down the road from my home at a bend in the Youngs River where it was mirror-still and just before the sun breached the hills and set fire to the frosty landscape.  The colorful show lasted nearly an hour overall, but this was the beginning of the brightest phase.  
Times like this I'm just glad to be here.  Even my normally Kindle-consumed sons were inspired to look out the windows as I drove them to school.  
Crab season begins soon, so the boat will be out doing what it does best instead of consuming time and money sitting at the dock. 
There is much to do in the next few weeks, hectic, chaotic or frantic, that is probably the nature of the coming days and yet I will make time for peaceful moments such as these. 
 I hope anyone reading this also indulges this luxury we often take for granted so much as to exclude it from our lives completely.

“To be nobody but 
yourself in a world 
which is doing its best day and night to make you like 
everybody else means to fight the hardest battle 
which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.” 
― E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment