Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My youngest son, Colton is going fishing for the first time.  He is so excited about it.  Of the three boys, he is the most into adventure and exploration of his world.  All three of the boys go out at this age.  I myself was fishing with my mom and step dad at eight years old. Their father was a fisherman early in his teens as well.  Tradition dictates that this is a good time to get your feet wet.

Big brother/Captain Kenny took to the tuna grounds at the age of 8 aboard the F/V Ballad.
 Colton borrows Thomas' aviators, probably hoping to blend in.
Colton was doing a little happy dance almost every second as they were awaiting ice and a few last minute details prior to leaving. 

Here they go.  So far, the report is seasick with a lot of bunk time.  The weather is good for him.
  I hope he shakes off the seasickness and can step into the role of chief fish butcher as he'd hoped, and earn his pay.  
Meanwhile, I am not without my anxious worry.  Luckily there is a satellite phone to check in.  Think I'll go call them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment